2020 public sector EBA campaign update 5
Statewide members meeting to be held on 3 March
Negotiations for the new public sector nurses and midwives EBA continued on 3 and 10 February 2020. The current agreement expires on 31 March 2020.
Among the key issues discussed at the negotiations this week were:
- The ANMF claim for hospitals to adopt fatigue friendly rostering principles. These include improvements to a day off after excessive overtime, standardised start and finish times, and improved overtime provisions.
- When a period of recall and on call would be initiated, the allowance, minimum engagement period and payment of overtime
- Refining the systems in the EBA to manage conduct, disciplinary and performance issues
- Authority for the ANMF as well as employers to refer disputed classifications including those that are referenced in the EBA to the Statewide Classification Committee (SCC)
- Referencing of midwife in all relevant clauses within the EBA
- Further clarifying the long service leave clause to ensure it reflects all the legal provisions of the National Employment Standards, state legislation and Award entitlements.
Negotiations, between ANMF (Vic Branch), the Victorian Hospitals’ Industrial Association and the Department of Health and Human Services continue on 16 February.
Statewide members meeting
ANMF will hold a statewide public sector members (excluding mental health) meeting on 3 March to provide a comprehensive update on progress.
If you are rostered to work, while the meeting is occurring, you will not lose pay for attending. Non-members may join on the day.
The meeting and registration details are:
Tuesday 3 March 2020, 2pm-3.45pm
Carson Conference Centre
ANMF (Vic Branch)
535 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne
Register via anmfvic.asn.au/EBAmeeting (please indicate need childcare or transport)
Please note the meeting venue has been changed from Moonee Valley Racecourse to ANMF (Vic Branch).
Please download or update the ANMF Diary App and have your digital membership card ready for easy check in at the venue.
If you are a Job Rep or HSR, please download and print the members’ meeting notice to display in your workplace.
ANMF has been sending campaign updates to your Job Reps and HSRs to place on workplace noticeboards. These updates have also been sent to all members via digital On the Record and e-news and are available on our ‘Fairer. Safer. EBA 2020’ campaign page.
From now on all public sector members will be emailed all EBA updates. Members who are not receiving ANMF emails can re-subscribe.