What is the cut-off date for getting my third vaccination?
Workers in aged care must receive their third dose by 12 March 2022.
What happens if I have not had my third dose by that date?
Your employer is not allowed to let you on the work premises as a worker and can be fined for not complying.
Not being allowed to come to work could have serious ramifications for your ongoing employment. If you don’t intend to be vaccinated by 12 March, and an exception does not apply, it is probable that your employment will end.
Are there exceptions?
- If you can provide evidence of a valid medical exemption; or
- You are not eligible for a third dose vaccination; this exception applies for a maximum of 3 months and 14 days after your second dose (for example you only recently had your second dose) or
- You tested COVID positive via a PCR test and your self-isolation period ended within the previous 4 months; or
- You tested COVID positive via a RAT, and your self-isolation period ended within the previous 4 months;
Note if your isolation ended on or before 4 February you must provide a written declaration to your employer stating that they you were unable to access a PCR test when in self-isolation, and have notified the Department of your positive RAT prior to 5 February 2022; or
If your self-isolation period ended after 4 February 2022, you received a positive result from a PCR test undertaken during the period of self-isolation.
- You are a recent international arrival who is double dosed, you entered Australia in the previous 4 weeks, you have a booking to receive a booster dose within 4 weeks of entering Australia and you have provided evidence of this to your employer. Note that exception expires 4 weeks after your arrival in Australia.
- You were one of the exceptions above, and 14 days have passed since the exception ceased.
Need ANMF advice or support?
Members can complete an online Member Assistance inquiry form (scroll to the bottom of the page).
Got a colleague not receiving ANMF emails?
If you have an ANMF colleague who is not receiving newsflash emails, please pass this on and let them know they can re-subscribe.
Encourage your colleagues to join ANMF
Please invite your aged care nursing and personal care worker colleagues to join their union so they have access to support, advice and information about their employment.
Important COVID-19 links for nurses and personal care workers
ANMF continues to collate the important links all in one place, so you don’t have to go looking. Please bookmark and check this page regularly.