Final year nursing and/or midwifery students and those completing the diploma of nursing are encouraged to apply now to AHPRA, to initiate your Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) registration. ANMF encourages students in the final three months of your educational preparation to begin your graduate registration process, to ensure you’re ready to commence work in 2023.
NMBA applicants are able to upload any new or additional information as it becomes available. For example, when you receive your final academic transcript, or employment contacts outlining the commencement dates for your graduate program.
When you start the registration process earlier, the NMBA aims to ensure that they have your registered application processed soon after you are advised of your successful academic results.
- Check your Preparation
- Review your application
Take your time to review your application to ensure you have all required documentation in the format they require ready for submission. Make sure you include items that demonstrate your proof of identity. We recommend that your application uses the NMBA CV template, etc.
- Ensure all pages of documents are certified
When certifying documents, initial every page and have the certifier include the statement as directed. Please note there are different words required for the authorising officer to use when certifying any document including a photograph.
- The application process can be slowed down if you mistakenly do not submit supporting documentation in the specific format required, including the new wording required for certifying documents.
- You also have an obligation to notify if you have a health condition/impairment that might affect your ability to practice. Include as much information as you can so that the assessment can be addressed smoothly. If you are unsure of the obligation to notify, please contact ANMF Member Assistance
- Criminal History, Working with Children, NDIS Checks
If you are required to provide ‘checks’ like criminal history, ensure you provide a written statement with details, what the outcome was, and any supporting documentation with your application. If you are unsure of the obligation to notify, please contact ANMF Member Assistance.
- If you have a clinical placement to finish, your registration process won’t be started until all course requirements are completed and your education provider sends the appropriate documentation. AHPRA has advised all education providers to inform them as soon as the documentation is finalised .
If you are two weeks from starting your graduate program or new job and are having issues with your AHPRA registration, contact the Graduate and Student Support Officer, for assistance.
You can check your application status on the AHPRA website.