Are you an ANMF student or graduate member and passionate about activism and social justice?
Union Summer is a paid three-week (3-21 February 2020) internship program run by Victorian Trades Hall Council (VTHC).
The program aims to develop your activist, advocacy and organising skills through a placement with ANMF (Vic Branch), training days at VTHC with other activists, and a research project.
This is a great opportunity for an ANMF student or graduate member to learn how the Branch provides industrial and professional support and representation to our 86,000 members.
What to expect
- Visit an ANMF work site (e.g. hospital/facility) and meet delegates
- Learn how to have an organising conversation
- Attend a hearing at Fair Work Commission
- Participate in a campaign event
- Guest speakers from the union movement
- Be given an overview of Branch organisational and structure, including rules
- Exposure to VTHC Young Workers Centre
- Conduct a research project of a topic of your choosing
Pay and conditions
- Approximately $700pw (adult minimum wage)
- You must be an ANMF student or graduate member aged 30 years and younger
- You must be available for the full three weeks 9am-5pm, 3-21 February 2020 (some outside hours may be required)
Complete the online application form and upload a recent resume by 5pm Friday 29 November 2019.