The Australian Nurses and Midwives Conference returns in person on Thursday 14 and Friday 15 September 2023.
The exciting program will feature presentation on a range of topics including:
- Rethinking addiction
- Responding to the climate emergency – the nursing response to the climate emergency
- First People’s Assembly of Victoria and Voice to Parliament panel
- Whakaari/White Island volcanic explosion – reflections on the response
- Responding to national conversations, gender equality and the role of the sex discrimination commissioner
- Can acupressure on conception vessel 1 during labour facilitate vaginal birth and reduce perineal trauma?
- The lived experience of an autistic mental health nurse
- The better health and housing project – improving health, housing and wellbeing outcomes for peoples experiencing homelessness
- Providing support to families who have experienced the loss of a baby or infant.
Members can attend both days for 15 hours of continuing professional development (CPD), or just one day or their choice.
On day 2 of the conference, attendees will be treated to a music activity welcome. For a taste of what you might be able to expect, here’s the Royal Melbourne Hospital Scrub Choir performing at the 2023 Health and Environmental Sustainability Conference back in April: