ANMF is supporting a YES vote in the upcoming 14 October referendum.
If you’d like more information and resources, we’ve created a campaign page to help you navigate the next few months.
How to get more involved
Sign up to volunteer
If you’d like to get more involved, plus get an ANMF unions for yes t-shirt, log in to the member portal to register your interest.
Get your ANMF Unions for Yes campaign t-shirt
Members can order an ANMF-branded Unions for Yes T-shirt from our webshop for $7 to cover the cost of postage and handling (added at checkout).
Tell us why you are voting yes
Send us a short video of no more than one minute of you talking about why you’re voting yes. Videos will be published on the Branch’s social media and publications. Instructions:
- Script: I’m [full name*] and I’m a [nurse/midwife/carer]. I’m voting yes because [insert reason].
- No more than one minute
- Make sure you are in a well-lit room that has no background noise.
- Hold your phone horizontally/landscape (this is important) and if filming handheld, try and keep your phone steady.
- Frame yourself so you’re looking directly at the camera straight ahead (not looking down at your phone). Perhaps ask someone to film you.
- Name your video file with your name, so we know who you are and upload your video to our Dropbox folder. No email as the file size will be too big.
*We will edit out your full name, we just need it for identification purposes.
Campaign events and activities
To find up-to-date YES events in your community, visit the Victorian Trades Hall website.
Mega phonebank – Wednesday 13 September, 6pm-8pm
Join us at Trades Hall (54 Victoria Street, Carlton) to speak to undecided voters about the importance of voting Yes at the referendum. Training and pizza to be provided. RSVP online.
Walk for Yes – Sunday 17 September, 12pm
Yes23 is organising rallies across the country to demonstrate widespread support for the Yes campaign. Melbourne’s Walk for Yes will begin at the State Library. RSVP online.
Show your support on your social media
The Australian Council of Trade Unions and Victorian Trades Hall want you to post photos and videos of you participating in the campaign on your social media using #UnionsForYes. It could be a selfie in your ANMF Yes t-shirt or holding up a sign or poster.