Are you keeping up with professional news? Are you ensuring you are meeting the NMBA Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Registration Standard annually?
There are many free nursing, midwifery, and health-related e-newsletters and websites which might be useful for refreshing your knowledge and practice and adding to your CPD evidence.
The CPD standard defines CPD as:
‘… the means by which members of the profession maintain, improve and broaden their knowledge, expertise and competence, and develop the personal and professional qualities required throughout their professional lives.’
This can include self-directed learning, such as reading and reflecting on journals, workplace policies and procedures, researching medications, NMBA/AHPRA policies, or anything related to your practice.
To get started, ANMF Professional Officers and Librarian have compiled a list of newsletters and websites for you to subscribe or bookmark.
- ANMF Library Resource Guides: news feeds
- Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Healthcare newsletter
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW) (including aged care, mental health, general health)
- Commonwealth Chief Nursing and Midwifery Officer newsletter
- Commonwealth Department of Health aged care
- DH (formerly DHHS) alerts, advisories, newsletters and digests (including immunisation and primary health)
- International Confederation of Midwives
- International Council of Nurses (subscribe in footer below contact form)
- Mercy Perinatal journal club (subscribe in footer below past issues)
- NMBA newsletters and communiques
- NPS Medicinewise
- Safer Care Victoria newsletters
- Stillbirth CRE
- Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine communiques (clinical & aged care)
- ANMF Library Resource Guides: websites
- Australian College of Midwives
- Australian Indigenous Health Bulletin
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW) (new releases)
- Australasian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine
- Commonwealth Department of Health
- Coalition of National Nursing & Midwifery Organisations (CoNNMO) (links to other professional nursing newsletters)
- DH (formerly DHHS) nurses
- National Rural Health Alliance
- NPS Medicinewise
- Victoria’s Chief Mental Health Nurse
- World Health Organisation