Nursing and midwifery offer a wide variety of career paths. Just because you’re unsuited to one specialisation doesn’t mean you won’t thrive in another.
To inspire our graduate and student members with the different settings they could work in, we’re producing a series of career profiles called ‘So, you want to be …’.
So far, we’ve profiled a maternal and child health nurse, and an emergency nurse.
We now want to profile more members, and our next list of areas are members who work in one of the following:
- Addictive behaviours (alcohol and other drugs)
- Community Health (including working with specific cohorts such as refugees, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, homeless people, etc)
- Critical care nursing
- District nursing
- Educator (e.g., diabetes, asthma, etc)
- General practice nursing
- Intensive care nursing
- Mental health nursing (all areas e.g. CATT, CAMHs, etc)
- Neonatal critical care
- Nurse Practitioner (any specialty)
- Palliative care nursing
- Perioperative or perianaesthesia nursing
- Renal nursing
- Rural and remote nursing
- Sexual health
- Special Care Nurseries
- Stomal therapy
- Wound care
or any other area we haven’t covered.
To participate, all you need to do is fill in our online questionnaire.