The Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care have released several clinical care standards.
- Primary and Community Health Care (new)
- Third and Fourth Degree Perineal Tears (new)
- Cataract (revised)
Clinical care standards in development or out for consultation include:
Other current standards can be found on the ACSQHS website.
Additionally, the Fourth Australian Atlas of Healthcare Variation examines variation in healthcare use according to where people live. The report covers six clinical areas:
- early planned births
- chronic disease and infection
- ear, nose and throat surgery in children and young people
- lumbar spinal surgery
- gastrointestinal investigations
- medicines use in older people