Would you like to reinvigorate your mental health practice and accrue up to 15 of your continuing professional development hours?
You will hear presentations from nursing and midwifery professionals, and have an opportunity to network with your colleagues from around the country.
To tailor a personalised program, here are suggested concurrent sessions:
Thursday 12 September
- 1B AOD: AOD and the mother baby unit – residential withdrawal service
Rose McCrohan, Nurse Unit Manager and Nurse Practitioner, Uniting Care ReGen – Curran Place
- 2D OHS: Mental health promotion versus psychosocial risk prevention – what should we consider during implementation and what controls should be in place?
Dr Carlo Caponecchia, Senior Lecturer, the University of NSW
- 3B AOD: Resilience – one nurse’s experience with addiction
Glenn Taylor, CEO, Nursing and Midwifery Health Program Victoria
Friday 13 September
- 4A Midwifery: Transforming grief and self care
Stacey O’Brien, Midwifery Educator/Facilitator, A Kiss From an Angel
- 5C Nursing: Partnering with the north: evaluating and building capacity for stronger families
Roslyn Payne, Deputy Director of Nursing and Midwifery, Northern Health
- 6A Midwifery: What are the barriers to implementing psychosocial assessment in the private midwifery sector
Tanya Connell, RN, PhD candidate, University of Sydney