All private and not-for-profit aged care members are encouraged to participate in our vaccination survey. It will take a few minutes and your confidential information will inform ANMF about the progress of the third dose vaccination roll out for residents and staff so we can advocate for you and the people in your care.
The survey link will be sent via email and SMS.
Third vaccination dose is now a requirement
The Victorian Government has made the third vaccination dose a requirement for aged care nurses and personal care workers.
Residential aged care workers led the way in achieving high vaccination rates in the lead up to last year’s double-dose deadlines. A timely third dose is an important protection against severe illness, hospitalisation and death.
From 4 January 2022, the interval between the second and third COVID-19 vaccine dose was reduced from five to four months. The interval will change again on 31 January 2022 to three months.
Your deadline will depend on your eligibility:
- 12 February 2022 deadline – nurses, midwives and carers who are eligible for a third dose on or before 12 January.
- 1 March 2022 deadline – residential aged care nurses and personal carer workers who are not yet eligible for their third dose must have it within three months and two weeks of the second dose deadline which was 15 November 2021.
Medical exemptions –as previously if you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical issues you will be required to provide evidence to your employer from an authorised medical practitioner. This evidence must be from one of the following:
- a general practice registrar on an approved 3GA training placement
- a public health physician
- an infectious disease physician
- a clinical immunologist
- a GP who is vocationally registered
- a GP who is a fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- a GP who is a fellow of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine.Your GP will be able to advise you if they meet one of the above criteria.
Can I have the vaccination if I have had COVID-19?
If you have had COVID-19, the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) says there is no requirement to delay your vaccination.
ATAGI says having a job that requires vaccination is a reason to have your third dose.
ATAGI does advise vaccination should be delayed until you have recovered from acute illness.
Read the ATAGI advice.
Book your third dose
- Federal Government ‘find a clinic’ (chemists and medical clinics)
- Victorian Government hubs and pop ups
What if I need further advice or support from ANMF (Vic Branch)?
In the first instance, contact Member Assistance via our online form: anmfvic.asn.au/memberassistance
Got a colleague not receiving ANMF emails?
Let them know they can re-subscribe via anmfvic.asn.au/resubscribe
Encourage your colleagues to join ANMF
Let them know they can join via anmfvic.asn.au/join