The Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care released its new Management of Peripheral Intravenous Catheters Clinical Care Standard on 26 May 2021.
This new clinical care standard contains 10 quality statements and 13 indicators to guide quality care for the management of cannulas and is accompanied by supporting resources.
The following clinical care standards are expected to be development for completion by the end of 2021:
- Acute Anaphylaxis Clinical Care Standard
- Low Back Pain Clinical Care Standard.
- Sepsis Clinical Care Standard
Current ACSQHC Clinical Care Standards in use:
- Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Acute Stroke
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
- Hip Fracture
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee
- Venous Thromboembolism Prevention
- Third and Fourth Degree Perineal Tear
For full resources, including a webcast video of the launch can be found on the ASQHC website.