Every year, the ANMF (Vic Branch) offers a variety of grants to members undertaking further education or professional development.
The higher education and research grant
The $10,000 higher education and research grant is available to members undertaking university higher degree study at PhD or Masters level by research (this grant is not available to those undertaking a Masters by coursework).
Applications for this grant must include:
- Detail of the research proposal
- The clinical significance of the research to nursing/midwifery practice.
Additionally, applicants’ proposals must already have approval by your university ethics committee and your research supervisor. Your research must also be completed within two years of the application closing date.
The Vi Elliot Occupational Health Nurses Trust grant
The Vi Elliott Occupational Health Nurses Trust provides an annual grant up to the value of $3000 to assist the professional and career development of a nurse or midwife employed in Victoria.
This grant is available for the recipient to use to attend conferences, seminars or workshops, or to undertake an education course or a research project in the field of health and safety.
Applicants for this grant must fall into a category below:
- A Victorian nurse or midwife involved in or transitioning their nursing or midwifery practice into the field of occupational health or occupational health and safety; or
- A Victorian nurse or midwife undertaking nursing or midwifery education in the fields of occupational health, occupational health and safety, occupational violence and aggression – prevention and/or management, safe patient handling, or fatigue management; or
- A Victorian education provider involved in the education of nurses in the fields of occupational health nursing, occupational health and safety.
Applications for both grants are now open, and will close on 30 September 2023.
For further details and to apply, visit the grants and awards page of our website.