The latest COVID-19 wave might’ve forced a return to a virtual event, but that didn’t stop the animated hand claps and hearts to celebrate the recipients of the 2022 Aware Super/ANMF (Vic Branch) student awards.
Fifty nursing and midwifery students were acknowledged during our Annual General Meeting on Thursday 16 December.
Branch Secretary Lisa Fitzpatrick acknowledged the three years of on-going upheavals students faced to their personal and academic lives due to the COVID-19 pandemic. She also gave additional thanks to the students who worked as RUSONs or RUSOMs
‘We are looking forward to working with you, to supporting you and doing whatever we can to help you stay in this wonderful chosen career that you have embarked upon.’
Representing award sponsor Aware Super, Strategic Partnerships Manager Melissa Bodycoat said, ‘We hope this is the first step in a long and rewarding career.’
Students were nominated by their institutions for their results and personal attributes which were displayed as their names were called:
Ally is culturally safe in her practice and always has person-centred care at the forefront.
Lana has a very caring nature and builds people up not brings them down.
Muhammad consistently showed good leadership and interpersonal skills. He showed high skills in nursing care and good teamwork. He was caring and compassionate to patients and recognised and responded to their needs.
Rory is punctual, reliable, shows a good degree of professional empathy, works well with others and is respectful in his approach, able to openly take on constructive feedback and demonstrate growth of knowledge and skills including showing honest accountability.
Taylor exemplifies the desired attributes of our future midwifery workforce; she is an advocate for women, provides clinical care and advice to women that is evidence informed and has well developed practical skills.
Additionally, Sarah Park was awarded the ANMF (Vic Branch) $5000 Annual Higher Education and Research Grant for her research ‘Formal programs for the employment of registered undergraduate nursing students RUSON/paid student nurse employment models’.
Congratulations to all recipients.
Diploma of Nursing
- Aaliyah Nicole Sagmit– Menzies Institute of Technology
- Kabita Pandey – Acknowledge Education
- Sirilak Khamchoo Boyd– South West Institute of TAFE – Hamilton
- Keely Holt– South West Institute of TAFE – Warrnambool
- Angela Barr-Kemp– Box Hill Institute
- Georgia Rettino– TAFE Gippsland – Bairnsdale
- Erin Eddy– TAFE Gippsland – Morwell
- Christine Banks– TAFE Gippsland – Warragul
- Amy Wilcox– Wodonga Institute of TAFE
- Jacqueline Aylward– Kangan Insitiute – Moonee Ponds
- Angela Kerridge– Sunraysia Institute of TAFE – Mildura
- Pearl Dunn– Sunraysia Institute of TAFE – Swan Hill
- Pauline van den Brule– Holmesglen – Moorabbin
- Christopher Smith– Swinburne University of Technology – Wantirna
- Scott Amos– Holmesglen – CBD
- Alexandra Hall– Federation University – Ararat
- Lachy Pietzsch– Federation University – Mt Helen
- Manbir Sandhu– VFA Learning – Geelong
- Svitlana Matusevych– Gordon Institute of TAFE – Werribee
- Heather Tarran– Partners in Training Australia – Sale
- Jintana Kullasin– Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE – Benalla
- Victoria Patterson– Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE – Cobram
- Rory Smiles– Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE – Wangaratta
- Michelle Camilleri– Victoria University Polytechnic – St Albans
- Muhammad Hassan Khalil– Victoria University Polytechnic – Sunshine
- Jennifer Michelsson– RMIT – Bundoora
- Myna Joyce Sagun– Victoria University Polytechnic – Werribee
Bachelor of Nursing
- Jessica Grace Down– Deakin University – Geelong Waterfront
- Millicent Holland– Holmesglen – Moorabbin
- Cassidy Smith– Federation University – Gippsland
- Jenniffer Breach– RMIT – Bundoora
- Samara Frizzell – La Trobe University – Bendigo
- Charlotte Anne Ross– La Trobe University – Bundoora
- Emily Marinucci– La Trobe University – Mildura
- Kristy Bowers– La Trobe University- Albury Wodonga
- Allison Derooy – La Trobe University- Shepparton
- Natasha McMahon– Deakin University – Warrnambool
- Tamara-Jane Lovett– Deakin University – NIKERI
- Kellie Jane Stevens– Deakin University – Burwood
- Emma Battersby– Australian Catholic University College – Ballarat
- Baylie Watson– Monash University – Peninsula
- Erynn McMillman– Monash University – Clayton
- Chelsea Jefferson– Charles Sturt University – Wangaratta
Bachelor of Nursing and Midwifery
- Taylor Brushett– Deakin University – Geelong Waterfront
- Klodi Ward– La Trobe University – Bendigo
- Gemma MacGregor– La Trobe University – Bundoora
- Molly Quadroy– Deakin University – Warrnambool
- Emily Nelson– Deakin University – Burwood
- Madeleine Branthwaite– Monash University – Peninsula
Master of Nursing Practice
- Maddie McDonald– Monash University – Clayton