The deadline has been extended for Victorian registered nurses and midwives with an interest in the alcohol and other drugs sector to consider applying for a scholarship for study in 2023.
The new deadline for expressions of interest is 5pm, Friday 21 October 2022.
The Victorian Department of Health is offering scholarships valued at approximately $10,000 for nurses and midwives to complete a graduate certificate in addictive behaviours in 2023.
This online course is facilitated by Turning Point staff in conjunction with Monash University.
The two Graduate Certificate of Addictive Behaviours units provide students with a comprehensive overview of the biopsychosocial theories of addiction and evidence-based assessment, treatment and practice.
The scholarships cover about 80 per cent of tuition/course fees. The applicant is expected to cover students’ fees, and other course-related costs, such as computers, textbooks and other incidentals.
Successful applicants must meet all of the following conditions:
- submit a curriculum vitae and a 500-word statement of purpose outlining reasons for undertaking the course. This should include your academic and professional interests, how you’ll believe you add value to the graduate program and why you believe you should be awarded a scholarship.
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident and reside in Victoria
- intend to enrol in the Graduate Certificate of Addictive Behaviours for completion in 2023
- be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) as a nurse or midwife and attach a copy of the registration(s)
- must be eligible and meet the criteria for enrolment into M4018 Graduate Certificate of Addictive Behaviours Course 2023.
How to apply
Apply using the expression of interest form by 5pm, Friday 21 October 2022.