New year, new courses.
Refresh your practice in 2021 with CPD courses from the ANMF Education Centre.
Due to COVID-19, some courses will be delivered online via Zoom.
For in-person seminars, a COVID-19 safe plan complying with DHHS and WorkSafe Victoria directions has been enacted. Places are strictly limited for in-person courses to enforce physical distancing rules. Mode of delivery of those courses currently not marked as Zoom may have to change at short notice subject to Victorian Chief Health Officer advice.
Seminars and workshops
Courses delivered online via Zoom are marked.
- 3 & 4 Feb: Law and ethics
- 8 Feb: Recognising and responding to clinical deterioration (via Zoom)
- 10 & 24 Feb: Safe medication administration (via Zoom)
- 15 Feb & 1 Mar: Promoting mental health in nursing practice: addressing individual needs and applying mental health principles
- 19 Feb (previously advertised on 5 Feb): Venepuncture
- 19 Feb: ECG – cardiac rhythm recognition and 12-lead ECG (via Zoom)
- 24 Feb: Promoting mental health, addressing individual needs: nurses and personal care workers in aged care (via Zoom)
- 26 Feb: IV cannulation for registered nurses and midwives
- 1 Mar: Recognising and responding to clinical deterioration (RRCD) (via Zoom)
- 15 & 22 Mar: Strengthening leadership and management skills: two-day workshop
- 19 Mar (previously advertised on 11 Mar): Urology
- 19 Mar: Advanced clinical assessment and management of the critically unwell person (ACAMCU) (via Zoom)
- 22 Mar: ECG – cardiac rhythm recognition and 12-lead ECG (via Zoom)
- 24 Mar: Documentation, the principles of best practice (via Zoom)
- 25 Mar: ACFI for registered and enrolled nurses
- 12 Apr: Provide first aid (HLTAID003 includes Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation HLTAID001)
- 21 Apr: Clinical assessment skills for best health outcomes
- 23 Apr: Advanced 12-lead ECG (via Zoom)
- 12 May: Asthma management, a holistic approach (via Zoom)
- 17 & 18 May: Law and ethics for mental health nurses
- 27 May: ACFI for registered and enrolled nurses
- 2 & 9 Jun: Safe medication administration (via Zoom)
The ANMF (Vic Branch) Education Centre (RTO ID 22609) offers health professionals a bespoke, health-focused training and assessment qualification.
- 18 Jan or 12 Apr: Provide first aid (HLTAID003 includes Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation HLTAID001)
- 17 Feb: Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116)*
- 23 Mar: Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety (BSB41419)*
*Will commence via Zoom until social distancing restrictions are lifted. At that point, some classes may move to our traditional face-to-face delivery of classes.
There will also masterclasses for nurses and midwives working in the alcohol and other drug sectors.
- 19 Jan: Motivational interviewing for nurses and midwives working in the AOD sector
- Alcohol and other drugs: two-day workshop for nurses and midwives
- 8 & 9 Feb
- 15 & 16 Feb
- 15 & 16 Mar
- Alcohol and other drugs: online seminars for nurses and midwives
- Series 1: 22 Feb, 1, 22 & 29 Mar
- Series 2: 13 & 20 Apr, 4 & 11 May
- Series 3: 12, 19, 26 May, 2 June