The future of nursing and midwifery is in good hands, judging by the quality of the recipients of the 2018 First State Super/ANMF (Vic Branch) student awards.
Forty-five diploma and bachelor students were presented with their award at our Annual General Meeting on Thursday 13 December at the Carson Conference Centre.
Branch Secretary Lisa Fitzpatrick praised the recipients for their strong academic record and noted they also demonstrated personal qualities intrinsic to nursing and midwifery.
‘They all achieved high academic results, but they also showed leadership, an ability to develop a good rapport with patients and staff, a caring and emphatic manner towards patients and relatives, and were supportive of their peers.
‘I believe that the future of our professions is in very good hands if these final year students are anything to go by.’
Melissa Bodycoat, Manager Strategic Partnerships at First State Super, the award’s sponsor, was equally effusive in her praise.
‘I can see many of you stepping into your first job and for some of you perhaps your first real job and hopefully a dream job and a lifelong career.’
Ms Bodycoat also paid tribute to winners for whom nursing and midwifery was a career change, acknowledging their ‘leap of faith’.
As part of the AGM agenda, the Vi Elliott award for nurses who keep workplaces healthy and safe was awarded to two beneficiaries.
Jodie Savage (pictured) received $3000 towards her study of the Graduate Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety. Ms Savage intends to continue her work within health care facilities to improve safety for nurses and midwives and educating nurses and nurse unit managers about safety.
Sandra Code was awarded $750 towards the registration cost of the recent Australian and New Zealand Society of Occupational Medicine (ANZSOM) annual scientific meeting. Ms Code has been a treasurer of the ANZSOM Victoria/Tasmania branch committee.
2018 First State Super/ ANMF (Vic Branch) Student Award recipients
Congratulations to all recipients and welcome to the profession.
Diploma of Nursing
- Abbey Love, Australian Catholic University (ACU College)
- Abdulwahid Shittu, Institute of Health & Nursing Australia (IHNA) Health Careers
- Abu Baqi, Wodonga Institute of TAFE
- Alicia Peach, South West Institute of TAFE – Hamilton Campus
- Alisha Chauhan Chhetri, Skills Training Australia – Melbourne
- Anh Phan, RMIT University – Bundoora Campus
- Bethany Garla, Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE – Shepparton Campus
- Cameron Prteous, Partners in Training Australia – Sale Campus
- Gabrielle McConville, Victoria University of TAFE Division – St Albans Campus
- Jacqui Jones, Federation Training – Bairnsdale Campus
- James Whitworth, Box Hill Institute (of TAFE)
- Jane Pert, Federation University – Ballarat Campus
- Janelle Darcy, South West Institute of TAFE – Warrnambool Campus
- Jodie Frost (Humphries), Federation Training – Warragul Campus
- Julie McCleary-Schnoor, Federation Training – Leongatha Campus
- Katherin Blecker, Chisholm Institute of TAFE – Berwick Campus
- Kelly Wilkinson, Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE – Seymour Campus
- Madeline Scalpello, RMIT University – City Campus
- Michelle Cox, Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE – Wangaratta Campus
- Nicole Hirt, Navitas Health Skills Australia – City Campus
- Palve Rosuljas, Holmesglen
- Rachael Elhay, Victoria University of TAFE Division – Werribee Campus
- Raelee Eenjes, Bendigo TAFE (Bendigo Regional Institute of TAFE)
- Rosalie Stewart, Think Education
- Roxanne Riley, Kangan Institute
- Sally Brown, Gordon Institute of TAFE – Geelong
- Sarita Dahal, Australasian Lawrence Aged Care College (ALACC)
- Sharee Allen, Chisholm Institute of TAFE – Frankston Campus
- Shelby Walsh, Partners in Training Australia – Shepparton Campus
- Tameika – Lea Howe, Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE – Benalla Campus
- Tracey Harper, Menzies Institute of Technology
Bachelor of Nursing
- Dominique Wren, Australian Catholic University – Ballarat Campus
- Guy Adams, Australian Catholic University – Fitzroy Campus
- Emily Newton, Charles Sturt University – Albury
- Bethany Pescod, Federation University – Gippsland Campus
- Tianjiao Daniel Liu, Federation University – Ballarat Campus
- Georgia Thomas, Monash University – Clayton Campus
- Belinda Taylor, Monash University – Peninsula Campus
- Katie Power, Victoria University
- Ana Popovska, The University of Melbourne
- Ilinka Risteska Budzhakovska, Holmesglen
- Sammy-Jo Sly, La Trobe University-Wodonga
- Najem Aldorki, La Trobe University- Bendigo
- Elle Lampard, La Trobe University- Mildura
- Taylah Cirillo, La Trobe University- Shepparton
- Faith Ofolu, RMIT University – Bundoora Campus
Bachelor of Midwifery
- Jasmine Barkes, Australian Catholic University – Fitzroy Campus
- Francesca Sadler, Deakin University – Burwood Campus
- Tristesse Perrott, Deakin University – Waterfront Campus
- Yasmine Thorne-Houssein, Deakin University – Warrnambool Campus
- Amy Moynihan-Benson, Victoria University
Bachelor of Nursing & Midwifery
- Leah Scholes, La Trobe University – Bendigo & Bundoora Campuses
- Maryia Williams, Monash University – Peninsula Campus
Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Paramedicine
- Brittany Stafford – Australian Catholic University – Ballarat